CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, June 26, 2008

My Carnegie Hall Debut


This is seriously the coolest thing that has ever happened to me. I took a tour of Carnegie Hall with my sister Shel, her husband Rob and my cousin Melissa and her family. It's the most beautiful building. Red velvet seats and gold railings inside. The acoustics are absolutely perfect. The best in the world and no one knows why. Like, the guy who made it made it out of steel and steel normally has no warmth to it. Anyway, at the beginning of the tour the tour guide asked if anyone in the group sang. I raised my hand and he said, "Later, why don't you open your mouth and sing for us." And we all laughed and I thought nothing of it. WE get into the hall and we are standing down by the stage looking up at all the seats and he says, "Okay dear, go ahead." I about died. I didn't think he was serious. Here I am, in Carnegie Hall, with the chance to sing and I can't think of a dang song to sing! So he suggested "America the BEautiful." And I thought, okay, thats in my range. I said I wasn't very good and he said this isn't for anyone but you to feel what this feels like. I thought that was an interesting way to put it. But I started singing, and it felt so good, and when the sound came back at me, it went straight to my chest and reverberated right in my sternum. It was the coolest feeling I have ever felt. I had to stop singing cuz it almost made me cry. It was awesome. Anyway, here's my shirt. YEA!

2 comments:

Amelia said...

That is AWESOME!!!!! I'm so jealous! What an amazing experience for you! Way to go monkey!! :)

Amylee said...

I wish I would have gone! The feeling of the stage. Indescribeable.