CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Shake it off, just shake it off . . . .

Okay, I know I need to blog about "Nunsense." And I will. Truth is, I don't think I can find words to express what that experience meant to me. But I shall try. Later. For right now though, a story.
I didn't like today. I don't like the person I am at my job. I like my job. Just not me at my job. So, lots of expectation, and pressure and shiz to do. All the time. And Ryan's been stressed. And that stresses me. Anyway, I came home and got Amylee ready to go to her first dance class. Her little tights, ballet shoes, leotard and skirt. I took her there and walked her into the room. She was so happy. And the music was so beautiful. And I watched her little arms move up and down and her little toes pointing and I all my stress, all my anger just sort of dissipated out of my body. And I got the distinct impression that was exactly where she needed to be. And I almost cried.
Then I spent the evening with my delightfully funny friend, Lindy. Oh she's wild. And makes me laugh so hard I almost pee. Our rules?
Rule #1. Obviously. Keep your clothes on
Rule #2. Check the tension
Rule #3. Shake it off, just shake it off
Rule #4. ROCK ON.
Theeeeennnnn . . . .I got to see my sister NUNS!! Sweet bug eatin Sister Hubert is moving far away to some town in Louisiana that is spelled one way and said another. She leaves Friday. I love this girl. And I was so happy to see her so happy and ready for this new adventure. And Sister Amnesia. And Reverend Mother. Sister Leo was at work. I miss them. I miss how I feel when I am with them. Over yogurt, there I was again. Me and Robert Anne, just chillin'.

5 comments:

Brittney Ann! said...

Love you!!!! So glad we could be together again!!!

Amylee said...

I love you.

I don't know how to tell you to fix your problem because, well, I don't know hot to fix anything these days.

However, I can't imagine that you aren't inspiring, aren't filled with vision, and aren't fun and loving. You have always seemed to be all of those things to me- even when someone was dropping their pants on stage (Grant).

Sooooooooo..... Maybe it's time to just be Robert ANDRA?

Again, I love you. We're going to play very, very, very soon.

Erin said...

If there is one thing I admire about you, it is your ability to have perspective. Watching little Amylee dance is what it's about. And life is also about laughing so hard you almost pee. Good times!

Margot said...

Amylee said it best.

Also. Robert Andra. :) It never leaves you.

I just want to tell you that I love you, and I'm thinking about you. You are wonderful.

Rachel Nell said...

Don't forget that you are always your worst critic. There was not a single day that I walked out of your classroom not having learned something. Do you know what the best part is? Most of what you taught me had nothing to do with the stage. You taught me about life. You have a much bigger impact on your students than you can ever imagine, even when you think you're at your worst.